I have sat down and begun this blog entry two other times! Hopefully tonight, I can actually finish it.
Since returning from SD, we have been trying to settle back into a semblance of a routine. E began 1st grade and is doing very well. She loves school, rules, and routine and is thriving. We had a tough week last week since she was very tired and fighting a cold, but she powered through (and so did we!). We had a proud parent moment when, after a very difficult week of not wanting to apply herself, she still came home with 100% on her first ever spelling test. Just the night before she was too exhausted to even care, so we were very proud of her!
I began preschool with Big J:
Oh this little boy was so excited to begin ‘school’! We are now in week 3, so we’ll start the letter “C” this week. He’s doing well!
Brian jumped back into siding. He also did a variety of routine maintenance on homes as soon as we got back. In the evenings, he’s been working on the next BCM World, so he’s keeping steadily busy.
I began the fall programs at church this past week. We had an extraordinary kick-off night on Wednesday! We had 28 excited children and so we pray we can keep the momentum going! It was an awesome night and we’re looking forward to an exciting year.
At this point, it’s common knowledge that Brian hurt his back last week. After a day in the ER, we were told he has a bulging disc. He’s in excruciating pain, but thankfully the meds he’s on have gotten the pain down to a manageable roar (for the most part). He’s been walking and able to do small jobs with the hope of doing a little bit more later this week. Last week was a little more difficult with him immobile most of the week and unable to lift anything (like, small children). We’ve been married 11 years and he’s had some pretty crazy injuries, but this one was definitely the worst. Pray he heals quickly and completely without the need of physical therapy or any additional measures.
- I’m hosting a brunch for the MRF ladies this Friday. Only two homes are empty at the moment. There are 18 kids on the property (including our 3) and 3 families (including us) are attending the same Christian school.
- Saturday we host the annual MRF Board picnic
- Sunday we’ll celebrate the big kids’ birthdays – Big J turns 4 on Sept. 27 and E turns 6 on the 29th.
- The BCM World will be out within the next week!
- Next week, we’ll travel to Vermont to speak at our supporting church up there and give updates! Contact us if you’d like to see us!
- October is a full month of children’s ministry events, programs, and planning. It’s also time for Brian to get the property ready for winter.
Our biggest need at the moment is simply prayer for Brian’s back. Considering his job, a bad back is just a tad restrictive. We appreciate all the offers for help! The jobs that he has left to do this fall can be put off until next spring, so there is nothing that is an emergency. A few things he can work on slowly, as he feels better, taking his time. It’s just that, if you know Brian, you know sitting still and letting his back heal is probably worse torture than the disc itself.
You can also pray for E as she adjusts back to a school schedule and for wisdom for us as we raise her. Lastly, pray for a fruitful trip to Vermont – a clear presentation on our part and for more to join our financial support team in 2016.