Yesterday I held my third training day for the children’s ministry volunteers in the church. I try to get everyone together one day every year for fellowship, a recognition/thank you time for their work, planning for the upcoming year, and training to improve the programs. I was nervous this year because they were calling for snow, of course, and the trainers I invited in had to drive up from Lancaster! Thankfully, they made it in just fine and we had a pretty good group attend.
The morning went very smoothly, thanks to a number of behind-the-scenes people who helped with food and childcare. The training time was first focused on what the responsibilities actually are of helpers and teachers in a church program setting. Then we transitioned into a two hour session with the guest trainers all about working with children with ADHD. It was p*h*e*n*o*m*e*n*a*l! Everything was practical, hands-on, and applicable to what we need right now in our programs. I was able to implement stuff this morning in children’s church and saw big pay out. Super encouraging!
Brian was awesome and kept the kids at home. It’s so great to be gone all day and come home to happy, relatively clean children (ha!), laundry done and dinner in the crockpot! He’s an awesome husband who makes it enjoyable for me to do what I am doing at the church without worrying about what’s happening at home or even how long I have to be gone.
- We begin putting the duplex back together this week. We have about two more weeks until a resident moves in.
- Once the duplex is done, Brian will begin maintenance on the other homes that needs to get done over the summer months.
- I head to Lancaster Friday evening for a writer’s conference all day Saturday. I’m so excited!
- Only one month left in our Wednesday night program for the school year! Then it’s all about summer events!
- We are praying about support raising opportunities for the next few months; pray with us that God will open doors to supply our financial needs this year.