The next month is going to be quite busy for us! Here’s a glimpse into what we’re doing:
- Brian is busily preparing for a team from our sending church that arrives tomorrow night, July 1. This includes: reassembling a division wall for a guest room, putting together bunk beds, making sure plumbing and hot water are functioning in the guest rooms (which, currently, a pipe just broke off in the wall of the restroom so… this could be a bigger process than he’d planned on), and preparing everything needed for the work project they’ll be doing, which also includes supervising the workers we’ve hired who are beginning the work for us.
- The team of 11 get in tomorrow night – Brian will be one of the guys going to the airport to pick them up, around 9:30.
- The short-term missions director of BCM International is flying in tomorrow night as well and he will be staying in our home while in Lima. So, we need to somehow get the guest room ready… it’s currently our storage room and is bedless… and did I mention he’s coming tomorrow??
- For the next 12 days, Brian will be doing basically everything the group will be doing. He’s in charge of their entire work project, then in the evenings and on weekends, he’ll be going with them as they sight-see and participate in ministry events.
- Once the group leaves, we will be preparing for Conoce Al IBYM – the big, annual open house for the Bible school. Teens from all over the area come for 3 days to get to know the school. We’re expecting 200+, so that will be a lot of bunk beds to assemble and rooms to get ready for Brian, along with all the other repairs and things to do to accommodate that many extra people for 3 full days.
- Thankfully, the week of Conoce Al IBYM and the first week of August are vacation from Lisa’s school. The first week of August is IBYM vacation and the annual missionary trip (last year we went to Cajamarca with all our co-workers). This year, we will not be attending because of the pregnancy. So, while everyone’s gone we’ll more than likely be getting the room ready for the Baby and SLEEPING. 🙂
- Also, we’ve been told that our car should be ready by Saturday! There’s always the unforeseen, so we’re not holding our breath too hard. But, if it’s done, Brian will be taking it to get inspected as soon as possible. If it passes inspection, we’ll finally have a car and he’ll get the cosmetic work done it after the team leaves. If it doesn’t pass inspection, he’ll get the cosmetic work done, send it back to the mechanic, and then try again. Pray it passes! We’d love to have our own set of wheels sooner rather than later.
Phew. I’m tired just THINKING about all Brian has coming up! My school will continue on as usual and I will be trying to do as much as possible with the team, but I won’t be traveling as much as Brian will be. Once August hits, the next big event will be the baby! This year is going by at an alarmingly fast rate!