Today has been quite the day! Obviously, from the above picture, you can guess how our morning went. 🙂 We both got the yellow fever vaccine this morning and Brian began the excelerated Hepititis A & B vaccines (which means he got one today, will get the 2nd next Friday, and the 3rd two weeks after that). We also purchased the Typhoid Fever pills which we will be taking every other day for a total of 4 doses. Every other shot, we’re already up on, so it’s really not so bad! We’re both sore (Brian more so than Lisa….go figure), but we’ll be just fine. You can pray Brian doesn’t react to the Hep vaccines, though. Doing the excelerated version is not recommended, but at this point, we have no choice.
The 2nd thing that happened today is…..
We got an email telling us our VISAS WERE APPROVED!!!! This is what we’ve been waiting for! Now, all that’s left is to either drive back to NJ or mail in our passports for the offical visa stamps! We are SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED!! We were told 6-8 weeks once the request was submitted. It has taken us right about 4. God is so good.
So, what’s next? Well ~ we calculated we have about $100 per month left to raise…which is hardly anything. Two people that give $50/month would be perfect! 🙂 We will be having a commissioning service at our sending church right before we go. We will be purchasing plane tickets here within just a few weeks (at the most). And we will be driving to Pensacola, Florida, to visit Lisa’s brother Shawn and wife Britany, leaving our car with them, and flying from Florida to Lima. We WILL be in Peru by the end of February.
Hard to believe this stage is coming to a close. We thoroughly enjoyed raising support. But, it’s definitely time to move on!
On another note ~ we’d like to ask you to PRAY for some friends of ours from New Tribes Bible Institute. We got an urgent email this morning saying that a girl named Jen Knapp, who is 7 months pregnant, developed a severe kidney infection a week ago. She had a horrible reaction to the medication and fluid has filled her lungs. The doctors have been trying all week to help her, but as of this morning, they said all they can do is make her comfortable. If something does not change here within the next few hours, she will not make it. Jen and her husband, Jeremy, have been married for just a couple of years, this is their first child, and they are in training with New Tribes Mission in Missouri right now. PLEASE pray for them! Jen’s father, Scott Knievel, was one of our instructors at NTBI Waukesha.